Introduction: An invitation card helps us to transfer our event details to our loved ones, colleagues and the other invitees. Information like the name of the event, date and time, place, RSVP, contact information, etc. must be known to all the invitees. So, Invitation card holds an important place while planning any event.
While making an impressive and theme-related invitation card two things are most important- the Paper and the Printing method. We must pick the suitable paper for a profitable and appropriate printing mechanism.
Different Types of paper used: While picking the printing paper we must consider the quality of the paper and its friendly manners to the environment. There are few guidelines that we can follow while selecting the best paper for our upcoming unforgettable time.
- The thickness of the paper should be chosen carefully. Because if it is too thick then we might end up paying a lot just for posting one invitation.
- The size of the paper should be easy to feed in the printing machine. Use a paper of 80 lb or 110 lb.
- The size of paper also affects the size of the envelope. So be sure that envelope for the card is easily available.
- The theme of occasion also plays an important role while selecting the paper. We must think about what we want. Do we want colors or textures? Should it be smooth or rusty? Should it be plain, thin or should it be rough or thick? Before selecting the paper all these questions should be answered.
There are various types of paper like
- Cotton Paper: This type of paper is made up of 100% of cotton so there is no need to cut a number of trees for your event. It is durable and takes ink very properly. It gives a lovely touch but it is not environment-friendly. It doesn’t accept laser printing as well.
- Kraft Cardstock: Kraft stock paper is a great choice for giving your invitation natural and rustic look. It can provide warm and neutral colors with enough textures to make the card visually interesting. It is environment-friendly because it can be easily recycled. But its thickness can be an issue for both printing and posting.
- Plain Cardstock: It is the cheapest and smoothest choice for making an It is a plain and smooth white paper that provides enough room to a number of colors and neutral to almost every design. But it can’t be recycled.
Conclusion: An invitation card gives our event the first look and our astute selection of paper leads to an economic, beautiful and impressive first look. Paper affects the choice of printing technique as well so one must follow the guidelines before choosing the paper.
Special Note: In case one wants to use this article just give credits while using this side. Else it will be considered as Plagrism.