Introduction: Sports injuries are the harrowing or monotonous distress during playing or doing exercise. These injuries can be different for different type of sports as every sport has its own mechanical characteristic. In every sport, one must understand what and how the muscles are being used. This understanding helps in finding the grounds of any injury. Once the doctor knows about these grounds he can choose the appropriate type of treatment to the injury.
Some common types of sports injuries are tennis elbow, runner’s knee, it bend syndrome, rotator cuff, jumper’s knee, biceps tendonitis, bursitis, sprain/strain quad, golfer’s elbow, little league elbow, meniscus injuries, etc. All these injuries focus on the basic joints like elbows, knee, etc. These areas of our body consists a large number of muscles so finding the injured muscles is quite a difficult task. Hence, they require the type of treatment that uses a different strategy instead of biasing on a fixed muscle. Some of the exercises that are used are low level laser technique, active release technique, decompression therapy, kineiotape technique and chiropractic treatment.
Five Mild exercises: Sports injury has the capability to annihilate the athlete’s normal sports life. So, a resolute treatment to sports injury is required so an athlete can come back to his normal routine. After analyzing the facts and historical data of a sportsperson’s injury the doctor decides what type of treatment should be provided.
There are five types of treatments these days that helps in treating sports injuries.
- Cold Laser Treatment: It is also known as Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) in which laser doesn’t demolish the tissues but lend a hand in healing them. The photoreceptors present in the cells of our body let the lasers to pass till it reaches the affected tissue. This microlight laser breaks through inside the tissues and helps in reducing inflammation, pain and swelling, promoting an accelerated recovery.
- Active Release Technique: ART is used in the case when the muscles are overused. When areas like neck and back feel an excessive amount of pain and when we have sports injury like carpal tunnel then one thing they have in common is overused muscles.
Active release technique with the help of soft tissue movement restores a normal motion of tissues. This enlistment of tissues helps in condensing muscles contraction and blemished tissues. Injuries like rotator cuff, hip pain, neck and back pain, bursitis, etc. can be healed using active release technique.
- Decompression Therapy: It is a reduction-stabilization therapy that helps in avoiding surgery in case of back and neck pain. It helps in healing disc herniation syndromes. It offers 70% of positive recovery rates and a faster healing time as compared to surgical procedures. There is spinal decompression therapy that pulls the herniated disc material inside and also provides wholesome blood flow to the disc for a superior recovery environment.
- Kinesiotape Technique: It is remedial taping practice that triggers the neurological and circulatory systems of the body to treat the muscular and lymphatic exhaustion. There is a use of latex-free tapes that help in supporting muscles, diminishing clogging in the gush of body fluids and curing the joint problems by targeting different receptors in somatosensory system of our body.
- Chiropractic Treatment: It is a part of new age medicine that helps in treating sports injuries, spinal pain and rehabilitation of our muscular fatigue. It is based on massaging of the affected areas and healing them with care and warmth of one’s hand. It is an effective treatment for headaches, migraines, neck pain, back pain, wrist, shoulders neck and knee injuries etc.
Conclusion: Treatments that have been described above are based on the three main practices i.e. soft tissue treatment, spine care, pain management therapy. They are a part of alternative medicines that don’t focus on surgical treatment but an inexpensive, pain-free and quick method to cure injuries. Mustering tissues and making a jam free flow of blood and nutrition in the body is the main aim of these exercises in order to cure injuries.